Symptoms of anxiety disorders are:
and I'm afraid I will die.
- I can't concentrate or remember important things.
- My mind feels cloudy, foggy, and dazed.
- I have times when my heart races, I can't breath, my hands sweat ,
I will make a fool of myself.
- Sometimes my surroundings seem different and unreal.
- I'm afraid I will embarrass myself in public places.
- Crowded places make me so nervous that I avoid them.
- I feel safe going to stores and restaurants only when my spouse or friend is with me.
- I am uncomfortable around people. They are looking at me and judging me.
- I can't seem to stop worrying and allow my mind to rest.
To successfully treat anxiety disorders my experience indicates there are some key
steps to follow:
- Understanding the source of your anxiety disorder is the first step to overcoming
- Learning that "to let go" is a way to gain control. This is achieved with body and
mind relaxation techniques, methods to control worry, and developing calming
- Examining and correcting faulty interpretations of events and situations that are
creating your fears.
- Learning ways to stop repetitious thoughts and behaviors that make you feel out of
Managing anxiety can be a challenging task, but together we can discover what steps
you should take to regain control of your life.
Marilyn Huber, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist 252-756-4899
| Marilyn Huber, LMFT
Helping Adults Deal With the Problems of Life